Hello, Kyra here! This is Onamae wa? #29, our weekly encounter where we pick Anime character’s names and look for anything interesting in them.
Yeah, I know.
They are too big. They are unreal. They are abnormal. And they are, above anything:
Our guest today is 成沢(naru.sawa) 稜歌(ryou.ka), also known as that girl from Occultic;Nine, a mystery anime currently airing this Fall that is also known as that anime with that big boobed girl. Due to how massive is our guest today, it is recommended to have watched up to Episode 4 of this show to avoid not one, but two colossal spoilers.
Hello, Kyra here! This is Onamae wa? #28, our weekly encounter where we pick Anime character’s names and look for anything interesting in them.
We knew something was wrong. And yet we dared to venture into this show. Wait, my bad. Exactly because we knew things would go down this way, we picked this one. While the concept of Would you like to become a 魔法少女(ma.hou.shou.jo)? isn’t something new, it does usually bring our weekly dose of suffering.
Our guest today is 姫河(hime.kawa) 小雪(ko.yuki), main protagonist of Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, a fantasy anime currently airing this Fall. Due to how many candies are earned from reading this post, it is recommended to have watched up to Episode 4 of this show to avoid spoilers, pon.
Hello, Kyra here!
I was surprised today by a nomination from Ava from READS,RHYTHMS AND RUMINATIONS. It is encouraging to receive such unexpected shout out and thus I’m truly grateful. I was drawn to her blog actually for her posts on regular literature (as opposed to Manga/Anime related works), like this post (link) on I’ll give you the sun, by Jandy Nelson. I say that but it was rather interesting to read some opposing ideas of her on Mirai Nikki and Another, adding more to the experience. If you have time, give her a few minutes to see if she can catch your attention as well!
- Display Award.
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate ten bloggers.
Seven Facts About Me :
- The name Kyra comes from my former character on the MMORPG Ragnarok Online. It used to be Kyra Wolfgang but I figured out I should stick with shorter names.
- I’ve lived in Japan for one year, aka best year of my life.
- If you ever meet me, I’ll most likely be wearing a regular plain t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Maybe sunglasses if it is sunny.
- Due the reason number 3 I avoid places that require fancy clothing, like fancy restaurants or ceremonies.
- Cats > Dogs.
- I actually enjoyed FFXIII. Yup, I know.
- I decided to study Japanese because of Bokura no Kiseki, a manga by 久米田(kumeta)夏緒(natsuo), as fan translations were taking way too long to come out. I love languages in general and plan to go back to university at some point to study Linguistics, hopefully in Japan.
Ok, this is the hard part. I only started writing recently so I follow only a few fellow bloggers. Will post four of those here as they all create interesting material that might interest you as well. Some of them already received this Award but well, しょうがない。
- Karandi from 100wordanime. Always glad to receive her (?) comments. Thinking now, as I don’t actually review anime myself, I should probably start pointing out to her (?) blog whenever I talk about a given series here.
- D from Dtalksanime. Highly recommend his post on Noragami, great food for thought, although you should be prepared for a rather unsettling point of view.
- Aldael from Aldael’s Attic. Really good writing, tidy blog.
- Ma Venus from JAPANime Talks. Plenty of interesting posts. I mean, plenty.
Once again thanks Ava for the nomination, see you all around.
Hello, Kyra here! This is Onamae wa? #27, our weekly encounter where we pick Anime character’s names and look for anything interesting in them.
Memefaces. We all love them and every season there is at least one show that will provide us with endless screenshots of reaction faces enough to spill out of our hard drives. But on Fall 2016 the burden of the Memebringer has fallen on the hands of a perfect bearer. I figured out I should invite her over before she gets famous, as she is already way too cocky.
Our guest today is 烏丸(karasu.ma) 千歳(chi.tose), main protagonist of Gi(a)rlish Number, a slice of life anime about 声優(sei.yuu; voice actor/actress) in the Anime Industry, currently airing this Fall. Due to how this industry works, it is recommended to have watched up to Episode 2 of this show to avoid becoming a spoiled kid, like our guest.
Hello, Kyra here! This is Onamae wa? #26, our weekly encounter where we pick Anime character’s names and look for anything interesting in them.
When I first heard about the manga that originated this show, I was like マジで(majide). The concept was just way too bizarre and yet, brilliant. Unfortunately, when I tried to invite many famous athletes of this fabulous sport to take part here in my humble blog, all of them declined. Guess it is not that easy to…
Uh? We got someone? She wants to appear here voluntarily? Yay! What is her name? Uh? Never heard of. Well, 乞食は選択者にはなれない(gojiki wa sen.taku.sha ni wa narenai; beggars can’t be choosers).
Seems like our guest today is 神無(kami.nashi) のぞみ(nozomi), main protagonist of Keijo!!!!!!!!, an ecchi shounen sports anime currently airing in Fall 2016. According to the rules of Keijo, it is recommended to have watched the first episode of this series to avoid being Asspoiled.
Hello, Kyra here! This is Onamae wa? #25, our weekly encounter where we pick Anime character’s names and look for anything interesting in them.
Summer 2016 has already ended but today we will cover one character that I wanted to write a bit about. Also some data about these 3 months of Summer and 6 months since starting this blog.
This post will be supervised by 阿波根(a.ha.gon)うみこ(umiko), programming chief at Eagle Jump, the game designing company from New Game!, one of my favorite shows of Summer 2016. For the sake of this post, it is recommended to have fully watched this series to avoid becoming a target for Umiko’s Spoiler-gun.